By all accounts, 2018 was a stellar year for Australian Solar Power. To celebrate all of the solar glory, SunWiz has written a series of articles covering 2018 - the key trends, achievements, and milestones for each state and segment of the Australian solar industry. These trends, facts and figures are covered in extraordinary detail in SunWiz’s 2018 Year in Review, which can be purchased for $1995 ex GST, which also includes a complimentary 3 month subscription to Insights, SunWiz’s flagship PV market intelligence subscription.
The topics covered in our Year in Review series are:
- 2018 - Australia's record breaking year. In eyewatering charts
- 2018 - state roundup
- 2018’s Top Retailers
- 2018 - Trends in Commercial PV
- 2018 - residential revival
- 2018- Australia’s magnificent year for solar farms
Australia's magnificent year for solar farms
In this series, we've seen that 2018 was a record year for the Australian PV Industry in the residential, sub-100kW commercial, and >100kW commercial rooftop segments. In this article, we'll look at the record-smashing year for solar farms. Data is taken from RenewEconomy / SunWiz's Large Scale Lookout service.
First, lets look at where all of that solar went in. Activity was spread across Queensland, inland NSW, Northern Victoria, and Port Augusta (SA)
Even from the map you can see that 2018 was a record year for solar farms - a fact confirmed by the corresponding chart below.
Just to not leave any doubt in your mind, 2018 saw ten-fold greater MW commissioning at Australian solar farms than occurred in 2017
Australia currently has more solar farms under construction that its total capacity of currently operational Solar Farms (1.9GW). You can therefore reasonably expect that 2019 will set another record volume for solar farms commissioned.
Large Scale Lookout is a monthly service with these benefits:
- Get the insider view of the large-scale solar market
- Track project development and discover when solar farms projects will come online
- Identify target markets and locations for commercial and industrial projects
- All the large-scale solar news in one spot
- Updated monthly
The analysis will help you:
- Analyse and visualise the solar farm development pipeline with charts, data tables, and pivot tables.
- Understand and analyse the buyers and sellers of Commercial & Industrial PV projects, and their impact upon the LGC supply / demand balance, with a data table and pivot table containing an abundance of details on over 700x >100kW projects totalling almost 15GW.
- Understand the projects over 100kW coming through the CER pipeline as they progress from LGC application, approval, and creation with an data dump of key REC Registry tables.
Subscribe to RenewEconomy / SunWiz's Large Scale Lookout service
Order your copy of the 2018 Australian PV Year in Review here.